Pathway to Adulthood
Out Risbygate, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP33 3TT
Individualised programmes for pre-entry level and entry level 1 students whose priority is to develop the skills that they need to live as independently as possible in the future. Students will develop their:
- Independent living skills in the home and community
- Ability to participate in activities both in and outside of college
- Communication skills
- Personal skills needed to work and get along with a range of people
Development of these skills will help prepare them to be able to participate with confidence in social enterprise, supported living and community opportunities.
- Education , Health & Care Plan (EHCP) - identifying educational needs/goals
- Previously educated in Special School or Special Provision in mainstream setting
- Participation in a Pre-Programme Assessment Activity
- Participation in 'Transition to Supported Learning' Activities
- Entry requirements for all Supported Learning programmes will include an assessment of prior and current behaviour to determine if this will affect the learning of others.
Your next steps...
Pathway to Adulthood is person-centred to ensure that students are continually making progress towards the next stage of their plans for preparation to adulthood. Students may continue on this Pathway for a 2nd year, or if appropriate, an alternative option could be the Pathway to Employment.
For more courses like this, check our courses page.